Mews is a tool used to bring the hospitality industry into the future. It serves both the hoteliers and the customers in order to digitalize everything so that people can focus on what hospitality is all about. Currently we serve 1600+ hotels and their guests in more than 60 countries. But we won’t stop there; we have big plans for the world of space & time management in other verticals. We are looking for a Data Engineer / Architect, who will strengthen our Data team with experience and willingness to constantly innovate and question the way we do things here. Within the next two years we aim to bring in a modern data warehouse and built our own data solution product for our clients.
What will you do?
- Prepare data models and infrastructure
- Use tools like Azure Data Factory, Power BI Dataflows, SQL, and other Azure services daily
- Design data processing data pipelines and data warehouse architecture
- Optimise data transformations to handle continuous data size growth
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
- Communicate with other company’s departments (various Product Teams, Customer Support)
- Deal with requests, choose the best approach and the right priority
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work as a part of team or independently
- Expertise in managing SQL servers and understanding of programming principles
- Experience with ETL tools (Azure Data Factory, Airflow, or SSIS) and cloud storages (Azure)
- Knowledge of analytic tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Keboola) and data warehouses
- Demonstrated experience with product focused development and delivery
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Being able to handle an environment which is constantly evolving and changing
- Effective communication in English
- BS in Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is an advantage
- Programming skills (C#/.NET, Python) are an advantage
Learn more about our open positions in tech department and about how we work by checking out the Mews Developer Github, our blog and Twitter.
If you have any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.